– Over 56 billions animals are killed every year for food, even though there are cruelty free alternatives.
– Animals are more similar to us than many people realise. They have emotions, feel pain, have families and want to live without suffering just like us.
– “It is the position of the American Dietetic Association that appropriately planned vegetarian diets, including total vegetarian or vegan diets, are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases”
Why Go Vegan?
- “Animal agriculture is responsible for 18% of greenhouse gas emissions, more than the combined exhaust from all transportation”
– “Animal agriculture is responsible for 80-90% of US water consumption”
– “Animal agriculture is responsible for up to 91% of Amazon destruction”
- Less crime
- Less hunger
- Less PTSD for slaughterhouse workers